Based on this statistically insignificant sample, I’m going to make some generalizations about reactionaries. Reactionaries:
– like to drink.
– read a lot.
– have changed their political beliefs multiple times (Devin came from the left, Buckethead from the right, and myself from the libertarian – this is an over-simplification, but not by much).
– work in high-tech fields – I am the exception here (however, I do have a degree in Electrical Engineering).
– are remarkably personable.
– can hold their booze (did I mention this already?).
– have at least one additional strange belief – once you accept that the mainstream methodology for determining what is true is broken, it’s hard to avoid adopting other heresies.
Finally, it seems that each one of us read all of Moldbug’s recommended primary sources on at least one topic. For example, I think I’ve read everything he’s linked to on the Civil War. From this I learned that modern mainstream history is full of holes and that historical knowledge about the war has actually declined dramatically during recent decades. Buckethead has done the same with respect to the American Revolution. Devin has done the same on lots of subjects – I confess that I cannot keep up with Devin or Moldbug.
In all, it’s been surprisingly fun to meet fellow Moldbuggians.
Our ranks seem to be swelling . . .