– Bryan Caplan jumps the shark
– If this is true, it’s probably the biggest news story of the week. The world of physical gold holdings is a murky and very important one.
– Some part of USG is trying to make Africans like gay people. Unintentional hilarity ensues.
– Here’s a pill that will cure your racism!
– A conversation between Vladimir Putin and George Soros
– Educated women dropping out of the workforce
– Vox Day:
The problem isn’t that Africans or Central Americans cannot ever be civilized or that there is a civilization gene, the problem is that like domesticating an animal species, civilizing an entire culture is a process that takes hundreds of years. Consider, for example, how long it took the barbarians of Britain and Germany to go from the naked pagan barbarism described by Julius Caesar to the heights of Christian civilization that produced Mozart and the chamber orchestras. The nations of the West doesn’t have that much time, especially when they can no longer serve as a strong and stable models, having invited the enervating peoples into their civilizations.
– The War Nerd:
That’s the lesson of the 20th century: If you want to kill a few people and get bad press, then go ahead: dress in black, drink blood and talk about how you love torture like Amin, Bokassa and Hitler. But if you’re serious about wiping out whole populations, wear a dove of peace and talk about progress and love.
– The “free market” healthcare system of the US
– Congrats to Ferd and some other bloggers
– Your tax money is helping the needy, like Yglesias