– You’ll also enjoy Sonic Charmer on regulation
The people who want to flee Britain are not economic migrants. It is not high taxes that they object to (many want to move to France, where taxes are not low), but barbarism. They are cultural refugees in search of a more civilized homeland, where fewer people are uncouth or militantly vulgar.
What we’re seeing here is the last desperate gasps of democracy as the new aristocratic age struggles to be born.
– The NYT discovered that WalMart does business in Mexico. My guess is that this same article could have been written about any company that does business in countries like Mexico. My wife’s old company specifically set aside money for bribes in Russia, for example.
– This seems to match my own experience.
– Charlton on affirmative action.
– AnomalyUK on employment
– Studies discovers that poor people aren’t very smart when it comes to eating healthy. I’m shocked. I wonder if poor people are also not smart in other areas of life.
– In unrelated news, I just discovered that I’m Hispanic.