– Economists apparently must believe in human neurological uniformity. Here’s my favorite part:
But the economists say that they have been misunderstood, and are merely using genetics as a proxy for other factors that can drive an economy, such as history and culture.
– John Derbyshire on the dark enlightenment
– Professor Cowen can’t believe how well things work in Seoul. Indeed, things work very well, but there were no Chalupas. Surely these facts are unrelated.
– So wait, if you win the Nobel Peace Prize do you now have to invade a random North African country?
– This policy will – if anything – widen The Gap. I guess we know what’s really important.
– It’s too bad there was no way to see this coming.