– A good long article about the suicide of a census worker that the lefties tried to gin up into a right-wing violence story.
– Bryan Caplan discusses how minorities vote. Hilarity ensues: “Indians vote Democratic because they correctly sense that Democrats respect them more.”
– IQ variance.
– “The agenda of Outside in is to cajole the new reaction into philosophical exertion.”
– The student loan crisis is way overblown.
– A glimpse of the future (thanks to a reader).
– Do humans yearn to be free:
You begin to see that when life becomes unsettled, when there are dangers, especially that people cannot understand. It’s then that human beings tend to look at solutions to these problems that typically involve restricting freedoms. In other words: when life gets rough, the need for freedom, or the impulse for freedom, which is real —it’s part of the human constitution you might say— tends very commonly to be eclipsed by other needs. These can simply be for security, or they can be darker needs to bolster up an identity to attack, marginalize, or even exterminate others. These are all classic human responses. The idea that humans are by nature free is one of the most harmful fictions that’s ever been promoted anywhere.
– New Kipling poems.
– It’s probably gauche to link to someone linking to me, but whatever.