– Also, don’t miss a new blogger.
– educationrealist shares some thoughts on being in the dark enlightenment.
– More trouble for Bitcoin?
– I’ve been in a lot of these airports. I’d quibble with the list (avoid Heathrow or Frankfurt, if possible) but airports in the US do suck. I often wonder what foreigners must think when they land in New York and notice buckets catching rainwater in the terminals.
– In DC news, Yglesias notes that lots of residents don’t want their neighborhood to get nicer. He suggests building more units that are too small for people to raise families in, which is his solution to all urban problems. He doesn’t realize that the neighbor that objects to more trees is the sort of neighbor that flips out when someone suggest building a 700-unit condominium. If you want to know how the city really works, check out election results.