- New blog: “I named the blog after Thomas Carlyle’s birthplace in the hope that something good will start here as well.”
– In other new blog news, Nick Land is now blogging at a new site and there’s good stuff up already.
– I’ve written about this before.
– All this talk of super-extra-preschool is just part of the road (that Steve Sailer has often described) to basically taking poor, dumb kids away from their poor, dumb parents in hopes of making the kids no longer poor and dumb, right?
– If you answered yes, you might be a reactionary.
– Ross Douthat claims that today’s Republicans are more likely to channel Ayn Rand than Aquinas. I suspect the chances of them channeling either are zero. Saying Republicans are similar to Rand is a bit like saying Douthat is similar to Torquemada. The only thing that is made clear by such a comparison is that the person making the comparison knows nothing about what he’s talking about.
-So this is how it ends? Who buys a nice bottle of wine but needs to drink it super quickly such that he can’t let it sit for a few minutes?